Saturday, September 13, 2008

Protecting Hunter.


My Mama and Dada had to get a little extreme with my crib because I returned to banging my head, banging it hard.

It didn't start out like this. At first, it was just a few cushy pieces of foam covering the top of the crib. It wasn't long, though, before I figured out I could drop to my knees and bang my head on the walls of my crib and create just as much chaos. That was when Mama and Dada got crazy with the Water Noodles, slicing and splitting the soft foam into enough pieces to cover every inch of wood that could possibly be used for head-banging.

My efforts at head-banging for attention thwarted, I resorted to something new, something I hadn't yet tried but found I was very good at: climbing out of the crib. That only lasted a couple of days before Mama was on the Internet and searching for a way to keep me inside.

My aunt and uncle once used a tent to keep one of my cousins locked down during nap/quiet time. That inspired my Mama to search the World Wide Web for a "crib tent". Low and behold, we found one at Babies R Us (Of all the places to be turned on! I mean really, Babies R Us, I thought you were on my side of this arrangement!).

So, that night the crib tent was put in place and, Boo-yah, we have a miniature maximum security crib for head-banging babies prone to escape attempts. Guess that's what happens when you have two parents smarter than the average bear.

(For information regarding the building of your own maximum security crib, contact my Mama.)

Hunter Out.

No comments: