Sunday, May 30, 2010

At the Little Gym

I've just completed my first gymnastics class at the Little Gym and had loads of fun. I got to meet lots of cool new kids who love gymnastics just as much as me and work on lots of really neat equipment. Mom signed me up for classes through the rest of the year because I liked it so much. I'm really excited about continuing to learn more gymnastics stuff. May 24th was our group's final day of class and our Show. Thought you would like to see what we've been up to.

We started out showing our forward rolls, hand stands, and mixed in some beam and bar work. I did a crab walk on the bars for the first time during our show. Don't know why, everyone else was doing a bear crawl, guess I just needed to make my routine a little different than the rest. Here's some shots from my first routine.





You can see Miss Monique in the background when I'm doing my handstand against the wall. She and Miss Summer were always so very helpful and made class a lot of fun.

My second routine of the afternoon took place on the uneven bars with Miss Summer acting as my spotter. Only a couple of us braved the higher of the uneven bars. This area was a little tougher for me because of my Button, but I didn't let it keep me down. I liked the uneven bars.




My last routine of the day took place on the balance beam. This was the toughest area for me. I don't like jumping off a perfectly good, stable platform. Kinda of freaks me out a little, not to mention I was like three feet off the ground on this six inch wide beam. Are you kidding me? Really? But Miss Monique helped me get through it and next class I'm going to really work hard here, not that I'm not going to continue to work hard in my other areas as well. Anyway, this is me on the beam.





After the show, we got our awards and then had some free time to spend with family and friends on all the equipment. My cheering crowd consisted of Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Caleb. Here's a couple parting pics from after the show.





Gymnastics Rocks! Hasta la vista, amigos. Nos veremos mas aya.

Hunter

No comments: