Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Disneyland Vacation - Day 1

The trek to the land of a million dreams was long, hot, well packed in our Thule cargo bag, and made much more enjoyable by the presence of my Grandma. I did, however, refuse to eat my afternoon bottle while enroute to our summer destination but got back on track once we reached the Paradise Pier Hotel. The sun was still blazing in the sky when we pulled into the semi-circular driveway at the front of the hotel.

High up on the thirteenth (No joke!) we were given two adjoining rooms we would make our home for the next three days. The view was amazing, California Adventure spreading out before us like a giant open blanket with the picnic already laid out for us. The night began with room service and ended with Mom, Dad, and my two brothers disappearing into Disneyland for the remainder of the evening while I cozied up with Grandma in the hotel rooms. I love my Grandma and knew our day would come tomorrow after a good night's sleep.




My return to Disneyland was punctuated by a desire to remain in my stroller while those around me made cheerful and wonderful discoveries throughout this vast, strange land of lines and peoples, most of which were unlike anything I had ever seen. I think most of the reason behind why I was so unwilling to be free of my stroller had to do with the surprising number of strangers running wildly through the park, and after being denied several attemtps at theft of other childrens' balloons, I was finally content to remain seated and watch the world around me. I had my Grandma with me and knew nothing serious would befall me because she was there. Did I mention how much I love my Grandma. I thought it was so cool that she wanted to go with us on our vacation. My brothers and parents seemed eager, on the other hand, to mingle amongst the ruffians and thrill-seekers surrounding us. It was a good, fascinating adventure for my whole family.







The first day at Disneyland ended for me, my brothers, and Grandma with a visit to the hotel pool. The pool was amazing, probably the thing my brothers and I enjoyed the most. In fact, we spent more time in and around the pool and its awesome waterslide, than we did in either of the two amusement parks we'd come to explore. These pictures really don't do it justice, but I think you get the idea.





Day One of our Disneyland Vacation came to a close with smiles on all faces. And with sore feet and tired eyes, we three brothers curled up into our respective sleeping areas and were sound asleep under Grandma's watchful eye before Mom and Dad snuck out to finish the night off with some much needed one on one time. My only disappointment...



...just not quite big enough for that waterslide. Maybe next year. But we'll have to get through tomorrow first.

No comments: