Thursday, December 18, 2008

Carmel Valley Ranch Getaway


We celebrated Mama's birthday down south at Carmel Valley Ranch, one of our favorite places to go when we wanna just getaway for a few days. The condos are perched high up on the hillside overlooking the valley, and it's quite a view with wildlife always around (mostly deer and wild turkeys). Steelhead run the river that winds through the bottom of the valley and the beach isn't too far away. Oh, and of course there's room service (not that food is something I get all that excited about).

So here's a look at our weekend away from therapy and tutors and work and doctor's appointments. Here's us just having some fun. Okay, so I decided to start with a pic of some of the wildlife. There are lots of deer wandering the ranch but Mama wouldn't let me get out and chase them with Dada. She said something about him being crazy if he thought he would be able to ride one.


Other than some shopping and a trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium (which I'll cover in my next entry), this little organic growers market turned out to be the most fun of all.




And while I'd never seen so many wild, crazy-colored organic squashes in one place, the Secret Garden was the area that was hard for me to leave behind at the end of our chilly visit. Here are some of the pics my Dada got while we ran around in the garden.






There was a corn maze that had just been plowed back into the earth, but the giant TeePee was pretty cool. I really like being outside, outdoors, even when it's a bit on the cool side. It was an excellent trip. Hopefully, we'll get to go back soon.


Chat with you again soon, Hunter.

No comments: