Monday, February 16, 2009

My School

Just thought I'd give you a look at my new school. I started going five days a week on December 29, 2008. It's not much to look at and probably won't get any better since Governor Terminator just cut 3% from the budget for the agencies responsible for helping Kids with Disabilities and is requiring those same agencies to cut an additional $100 million dollars by September or he'll take another 7.1% from the budget, which could mean the school I go to will no longer have the money it needs to help kids like me.


So, anyways, here's my school. It's called The Lynn Center (I don't know why, but I'm sure there's a reason).


It's a pretty neat place, old and it smells funny sometimes, but the teachers and assistants are nice. My classroom is all the way in the back, so you can't really see it in the picture. At lunch time I sit at my table and read books while the other kids eat lunch. Still not a big eater, not really even a smaller, occassional eater either. Eater either? Ha! That sounds kinda funny. Eater either. Eater Either. Eather Either. That is funny!

And, since I'm on the topic of school, here's some of the things they've had me do. It's all relatively simple stuff, but they won't teach me math yet (even though I can add and subtract just fine) and I'm kinda on my own with the reading thing, although my teacher has been helping me there since my Dad told her I'd started kinda experimenting with it on my own. I like books. Really like books.

So, top three projects so far:




They're really big into the glitter thing, glitter and glue. Glue kinda freaks me out. Well, really it's anything sticky and wet that I have to touch with my hands. But I'm adjusting well. Gonna have to cause sticky is like 95% of the stuff we do at school.

Anyway, gotta run for now my peeps. Be excellent to each other and we'll party again soon.

Hunter

No comments: