Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Oh, These Boots Can Walk!!


I thought I'd share a bit about my latest pair of shoes. Until this recent shoe purchase, I had one pair of shoes I would wear. Not for lack of trying of course. My Mama and Dad tried very hard to get me to wear a variety of shoes, but one pair, a single blue, tan, and orange tennis shoe from Target was the only thing I'd allow on my feet for any length of time. Comes with the territory, or so they say. But then came along my puddle-stomping firetruck boots.

It was a blustery, chilly Spring day in the Monterrey area-- Sorry, another reference to the trip I've yet to chronicle, but at least you'll have lots of background to go along with the pictures when I post them. That's gotta count for somethin', right? So, back to my musing, it was a blustery, chilly Spring day in the Monterrey area and after an exciting run along the beach in Sand City, Mama and Dad took me into a quaint shoe store along Cannery Row looking for something they could put on my feet to keep them toes of mine dry while I ran through the salty freshness that I had shown such fondness for. And what they found are now my ocean-tromping firetruck boots.


Man, these are the boots every kid dreams of having to put on and run wild through the wet wilderness. But me, oh, I get them out and on my feet whenever I can. I don't think you could find a place where I couldn't wear these awesome mudkickers. Dad had a different name for them that wasn't all that appropriate for my blogging community. He said it was just the less formal name giving to the type of boots that can get the dirty jobs done sometimes feet have to do. I think he just wants my boots.

Anyways, I'll check in again later. Hunter out.

2 comments:

Jen said...

My Zach wants the boots. They are perfect for a little boy!

April J. said...

Cute Boots Hunter! BTW nice blog deco too!