Sunday, December 12, 2010

Plumbing Catastrophe!!

It started out like any other weekday morning. I got up, dressed, ate, and went to school. It was when I got home that things got out of control. And it all started with the downstairs toilet backing up. My Uncle Ben and Aunt Dani stopped by for the night on their way home from their vacation and we were just starting to talk about dinner when Mama called Drain Right Plumbing for help. That call ultimately lead to this when the toilet backed up again the next morning:




Yes, that's me inspecting the clean-out for the sewer main coming from our house. What you can't see is the giant roots that have busted through the clay pipe the city or original contractor installed nor the giant root clump in the pipe just out of view. Those discoveries lead to this front lawn disaster:



I can think of only one thing to say about this December catastrophe...Are you kidding me? Needless to say, but the tree causing the whole problem no longer communes with Mother Earth. Here is one last look at the tree from my Dad's curious point of view:


Chow for now, peeps. Hunter is out! Oh, and you can see more of my Dad's curious pics on his very own blog coming soon.

No comments: