Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Quest for 3000 Tickets!

It started oh so simply, a chance meeting at a favorite locale with the ambassador of fun, children's icon...


I have been a huge fan of Chuck E Cheese for so long, I couldn't tell you how it started, but i'd venture a guess by saying I must have seen a commercial on TV and thought it might be a place I'd enjoy. I've been a regular visitor to our local Chuck E Cheese for a little over a year, but it was at the end of August that I began my quest for the Ultimate Prize.

I needed 3000 tickets to get the object of my desire, an oversized electronic version of DJ from the movie Cars. If you don't remember who DJ is, I've provided a video sample compliments of YouTube's video library and DKOFS5 (video's creator). Have a look.



Pretty cool. So, I needed to get serious, play some SkiBall, Hoops, mix in a few games of chance and hope at some point all my efforts would add up to that magical number, 3000. It was a lofty goal, especially for a guy like me who has the attention span of a honeybee, literally moving from game to game to ride after one or two tokens. But it all paid off in the end about a week ago when my Dad and I took on the task of cashing in a freezer Ziplock bag of tickets we'd been collecting.


That was a total of 2518 tickets on 10-17-09. A week later we scored the necessary remaining tickets to take home this...


So, with DJ now safely at home where he belongs, I have set a new goal for my Chuck E Cheese adventures, 5000 tickets. We'll see how that goes. It could take a while, but I'm willing to put in the time and with a quick swipe of Dad's CD Federal VISA, we'll get the money too.

See ya at the games. Hunter

No comments: