Saturday, October 10, 2009

What I did today.

Dad woke me early, told me he had a surprise. So we ate breakfast, (strawberries and cream Cream of Wheat, applesauce, and vanilla yogurt), got dressed in our best Star Wars shirts, and hit the road. All he would tell me was we were going to Walnut Creek and to a store called Pottery Barn Kids.

The ride didn't take long and before I knew it we pulled into a small, mostly hidden parking garage and parked. We elevatored down to the ground floor and strolled out onto the streets of downtown Walnut Creek, a good sized metropolis of mostly upper class, environmentally friendly peeps who were running to and from the Starbucks on the corner like ants to a dead insect. Have you ever noticed how ants do that? And not just to insects...

Any way, up the street a little ways and suddenly we were in line, waiting outside this furniture store squashed between a Barnes and Noble Bookstore and Apple. I wanted to go into the Apple store, but when Dad told me it wasn't the kind of toys I'd be interested in a my particular age, I decided to stick around and see what Pops knew that I didn't.

Within a pair of ten minutes, we were inside and I found myself totally surrounded by the coolest people ever. It was literally like something right out of Star Wars! But here, let me show you what I'm talking about:



I was literally in awe, not that I should have been with how much Dad has indoctrinated me with the mythos that is Star Wars. I still hope to meet Artooie (that's what Ahsoka calls R2) some day. And Yoda, I can't even begin to tell you how monumentally cool that would be.

After that, the day just seemed to fly by, everything going right for once in all the usual haunts, Chuck E Cheese, the local park, Target, and on the toilet (where I laid some pipe for the first time ever! NO pictures, that's just gross!). So, in the words of one of my Dad's favorite t-shirts, "Star Wars is the solution to everything."

C-Ya. Hunter.

1 comment:

April J. said...

What an awesome day! Congrats on the "pipe"! That IS a big deal!