Sunday, January 11, 2009

Holiday Quick-Look 2: Merry Christmas

Barely a week after turning three, we began our annual family Christmas traditions: three crazy days of eating, baking, singing, gifts, and more eating. Unfortunately, this year the family was plagued with a vomitous 24 hour flu bug as well. But we won't get into that. What made this holiday even more extra special was having my two older brothers, Ethan and Caleb, home for the holiday.

Christmas was a lot better for me this year. I kinda got into the whole opening of the presents thing, although I still had some apprehension about what might come out of the wrapping paper (post-penguin trauma I think is what my Dada called it). I think it also helped seeing my brothers get so excited about the whole ordeal. And then, once we'd unwrapped everything from under our tree, we went to grandma's house and did even more!!

I could go on and on, describing the three days of fun to you with pretty words, adjectives that bring tears to your eyes, and verbs that make your stomach drop like the Hollywood Tower of Terror, but then what would I need all these pictures for?

Christmas Eve is always fun cause we all get together for food, singing, and story-telling. Mama usually participates in the singing while Dada always has something creative he's written to read to us. Oh, and of course the older boys always find their way into Uncle Chris' room for some gaming time.




And there was the food. That big bowl of yummy pink stuff was made by my Mama. From what I gathered from the food-eating family members, it was the talk of the table.


After our Christmas Eve festivities, we all returned home for a nice winter nap with visions of sugarplums and candy canes, alright maybe not all that, but there was some sleeping that took place, at least on my part. I don't think my brothers slept a wink that night. Too excited for the Big Show!

We got things started with our stockings. They were stuffed full of all kinds of goodies.




And then we got to the good stuff!






Mama and Dada really pulled out all the stops, within reason of course, nothing super expensive or fancy, just the perfect gifts for each one of us. It was a whole lot of fun and then we got to go to Grandma's and do it all over again! Here's a look at the fun we had with Grandma.




And what was I up to while everyone else was out opening gifts from Grandma? Well, I was playing with one of mine, of course.


I hope everyone's Christmas was as smashing a good time as ours. I love my family, every one.

No comments: