Saturday, January 24, 2009

The New Year

We started the new year out pretty great with the 2nd Annual Sleepover at the Roberts' Home. With Grandma and the Jacobs over, we had a full, and I mean full house. But it was all so much fun.



Okay, so the pictures don't really do the day or night justice, but we really did have a lot of fun. There was tons of food and games, not that I participated in any of that nonsense, but everyone else sure had fun with it. We watched movies, played with new toys, ate some more, all just to bring in the new year.

But as I lay my head down to sleep that night, way before anyone else except my cousin Lauren, I wondered what the new year would bring, what I hoped the new year would bring. Oh, the usual things popped into my head: have g-tube removed, try every flavor of ice cream at Cold Stone, make my Mama smile at least once a day, but isn't that what everyone puts on their Resolution List? Honestly, though, there's really only one thing I hope happens this year and it's sort of a family thing, something I know my Mama and Dada have really struggled to make happen, and that's making our family bigger by ONE. A baby brother or sister, doesn't matter which, would be best thing to happen to us in 2009. That's really all we want.

Hope it's a grand 2009, for you as well.

Hunter.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am so glad Niki found me on facebook and gave me your blog address. What a fun family you have and the boys look kind of like you! Join facebook! TJ Smith has a son who is autistic too and so does Jeanetter Townsend. Small world. Miss you and can't wait to find you of facebook. You can link to my blog from this too!
Jennifer Cox Irish