Saturday, January 10, 2009

Holiday Quick-Look

So, things got kinda busy during our holiday season with my IEP (Individualized Education Plan) meeting with the Antioch School District, my brothers getting into town, and Dada going to a new work schedule. But, nonetheless, we managed to get some holiday festiveness into our blood. Here's a look at some of our Holiday Season Highlights.

We'll start with Thanksgiving. Not particularly a favorite holiday of mine, but Dada and Mama sure seem to like it. Not to mention all my cousins, uncles and aunts, and my Afaw (that's short for Grandma).


The kitchen got pretty crazy at my Uncle Jer and Aunt April's house where we all gathered for the Thanksgiving feasting. Everybody had something to do. My Thanksgiving feast was much easier to prepare and consume, thanks to my Mama. Yes, that's me in the picture below being tube fed Kid's Essentials Boost 1.5 with a taste of Nestle's Benecalorie added in for protein and calories.


Next, would be Grandma, slaving over a hot pan full of sausage and bread crumbs. That stuffing mix is a coveted favorite at the dinner table and no body makes it like my Grandma.


And how did my family contribute to the feast? Well, my Dada spent the night before cooking up these babies. Pie. Two pumpkin and one cherry. The crust, he made from scratch, of course, just like his Dada taught him and like he'll teach me some day.


A couple weeks after Thanksgiving, it was time to celebrate my birthday, my third birthday. Yes, I am one, two, EEEE years old! Most of my birthday celebration involved penguins, my all time favorite animal, except for maybe when they're LIFE-SIZED and LIFE-LIKE!


This was a penguin book I got from the Jacob's family. It's a very cool book with soft, fuzzy penguins on the pages.


Then there was this giant surprise from my Uncle Chris. If you look closely, you can see Mama trying to show me what was in the wrapping paper, but I already knew and wanted it back in the wrapping paper! The life-sized, fluffy penguin scared the heebeegeebies out of me, prompting this comment from my Uncle Chris "That's not exactly the reaction I was expecting." I eventually warmed up to massive furball and we now are able to co-exist quite happily in the same home.


I also got some more, kid-friendly sized penguins from my Uncle Chris which took me no time at all to get comfortable with. Grandma and my folks also chipped in on some pretty cool stuff, but for some reason I couldn't find any pictures for those particular items before going to post. I'll have to keep lookin'.

Wow. My quick-look at our holiday season has turned into a bit of a project, so I think I'll break this thing up a bit and give it to you in more manageable sizes. But before I go, I thought I'd give you another look at that giant penguin and how we're getting along.


Of course, what you don't see is me puttin' the smackdown on my furry friend just after this picture was taken. Check back for more soon. Hunter 10-10.

1 comment:

willierock said...

Hi Hunter. Gpaw Roberts will stay in touch with you now and will be patiently waiting for each new adventure. This contact will have to do for now. Love Ya.