Sunday, October 24, 2010

Almost had a Cole...

The night was young, darker than normal because of the heavy gray storm clouds that had hidden the blue sky from view since the night before. Rain fell, cool, drizzling rain, like a thick sea fog without the stench of salted life. Dad and I had been trapped inside all day, except for the quiet excursion we made to see Mama on her last day of work. We'd made our visit, even managed to stop at Toys R Us when the rain let up for a bit, and then headed home. Dinner was ham and egg salad, and we were most of the way through when Dad got the call.

Mom said she was having contradictions, no, contractions and they were coming about every five minutes. Not strong, she strong she told him, just steady. I was put in a bath, then to bed, none the wiser.

What I didn't know, was that Mom and Dad thought things were getting close enough to call in the resources (meaning Grandma).

When I got up in the morning, after waking Dad at 0515 hours, I found Grandma downstairs and took full advantage of this unexpected visit, don't you think...


When I found out why Grandma had come over (Cole had tried to come then decided to take a few more hours of swim time), I decided to get Cole a little Welcome Home Party organized. Here's what it looks like so far. A lot more of my friends turned out than I thought would be possible on such short notice. It's nice to have good friends.


Good things are afoot here in our household. Stay tuned, big news is imminent.

No comments: