Sunday, October 10, 2010

Update on Mama


The due date for Cole's arrival (October 27th) is fast approaching. Mama is now 37 and a half weeks into the baby growing phase of little Cole's life and is still causing Mama all kinds of grief.

I was the perfect baby to be carrying, of course, perhaps a little too good, cause Cole seems to be giving Mama a run for her money. Mama now has a cane she uses to help her get around some times because she says her hips aren't working quite right. I like the cane, personally, and will probably try to take ownership of it once Mama has put it aside. It has a soft, squishy handle and adjustable heights. It really is...sorry, rambling. Back to Mama and Cole.

So, I know I haven't written a whole lot about it, only cause we've been living it everyday. Cole sure has made an impression on all of us, that's for sure. I think Mama has suffered just about every side effect she could have being pregnant, even failed her glucose tolerance tests (Only not the way the doctors expected. You rock, Mama!). But, even though this pregnancy has been super tough on Mama, there are definitely some things I have really enjoyed. Here's just a few of the things I will always remember.

#5 - The cane of course.

#4 - Mama's tummy. It's neat thinking my little brother is in there right now, just chillin, and that one time I was in there too. Kinda neat actually, when I think about it like that. I like Mama's tummy.

#3 - Kind of goes with #4, but I love putting my hand on Mama's tummy and trying to feel Cole move. Sometimes, he's movin' so much you don't even have to put your hand on Mama, you can just watch him moving around inside her. That is wicked cool (learned that from Ethan and Caleb)!

#2 - Listening to Daddy talk to Cole. Every now and then, I catch Daddy leaning over Mama's tummy and talking to it. It sort of confused me the first time I saw it, so I asked and Mama said Daddy was talking to Cole. I thought, How cool is that? Daddy is talking to Cole. Watching him talk to Cole is sort of responsible for my #1 thing I love and will miss about Mama being pregnant.

#1 - I love giving Cole a hug and a kiss by way of Mama's tummy. Any time she goes anywhere, she gets love and Cole gets some love. I love that I am getting to know my little brother before he is even born.

Things have been crazy around the house, but we're all really excited about the coming addition to our family. Cole William Roberts. Sounds good, can't wait to meet ya. And Mama, you're doing awesome. Love you 100 Million.

Hunter Out. Oh here's a pic!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good luck with the up and coming of this little boy. Your mama looks great for being so pregnant.